Sunday, November 11, 2007

Declaration of Love

2 lines short of a sonnet, this impromptu poem titled "Declaration of Love" was drafted on my dry erase board by 4 of the boys in my Men's Choir on February 14, 2007. A few copies of the poem were put into circulation---taped up around the school, a gift to my boyfriend at the time, pinned on one of the boy's bedroom walls---but those, along with the original transcription have long since been lost. Last week the boys rewrote the poem, and now I will publish it on the immortal internet, where it shall live on in infamy for the millions of readers of my blog. It is pretty deep stuff so it will require your repeated and persistent perusal.

Love is in the air.
Love is everywhere.
Love is in my hair.
Love is naked and bare.
Love can give you a scare.
Love is as hairy as a bear.
Love is in my underwear.
Love can turn into an affair.
Love is something you should share.
Oh where, oh where can love be found?
In the air, in the ground,
That's where love can be found.

6 comments:

lindsey said...

This is hilarious, and scary because they talk about being naked. Freaks me out a little!

camille said...

oh LAZ, why do you have to be such a prude? just kidding. it gives me the heebie jeebies too.

Franziska Patterson said...

only a male could have produced that...

michelle m said...

Can we place bets on who the 4 were?

Deena said...

Throw in a few nonsense words and you've got Dr. Seuss.

Sandra said...

I'm with you Michelle, bet we can guess or come close. How about the boys you sent back to class during home room this morning?