Friday, November 23, 2007

In 2007 I'm Thankful For. . .

I started this little list at the beginning of the month. . . the items are more in chronological order (as pertaining to events of the past few weeks) than anything priority-ish (even though I am TELLING you, you gotta try that Sonic burrito, no joke).

Steak, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Burrito at Sonic. Damn that thing is good.

Also grateful, upon returning from Institute, that I don't care about minutia.

Radiohead "In Rainbows."

Facebook, sadly enough.

The internet and Google and Wikipedia.

My amazing kids at festival. I didn't have to yell at one kid all day! It seems as if I have finally succeeded in teaching my students mind reading, or at least the reading of MY mind, which is really the only one that in their minds should matter. I asked them who they really were and what they had done with my real kids. I then added that they were making me believe that I had been teaching idiots for the past 6 years. True story.

Throwing the piece of paper up with the boys, they scream until it hits the floor (supposedly an old Boy Scout device)

Diet Mountain Dew

Pebble ice

Prep periods (so that you can sneak out and get the fountain drink of Diet Mountain Dew with the pebble ice)

My cell phone, again, sadly enough.

Laughing so hard that you cry. And when that happens, I'm very thankful for waterproof mascara.

My ward.

The Harvest Hills Monday night FHE group. (along with the games Mad Gab & Loaded Questions) It's been really nice to be able to go to FHE for the first time in 2 years.

Going up to someone at church that you don't recognize to say hi and find out that they're mystery name #46 on the list you've been staring at for weeks.

My best friend who gave me therapy on 11/10, and who then helped interpret a divine message a few days later.

Plants in my house, even though I'm not very good at taking care of them. I believe they are calling into question my future parenting skills.

My bishop.

The chance to shoot a shotgun. Even though I got the nastiest bruise!

My hilarious roommate who is always in a happy mood.

The scriptures. They just make me feel good, and it's like the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser for anything bad in my mind.

Rhodes rolls. I think last night for Thanksgiving we just about made our best batch ever.

My mom who tucks me in with a blanket when I fall asleep on the couch.

The elves that keep sneaking over to mow my yard so that I have yet to learn how to do it myself.

Mashed potatoes, THE Thanksgiving staple.

My house: I love it, it is beautiful and it is mine. And my family is here right now, making it full, warm and cozy.

The garbage disposal. Mine stopped working last night, and didn't realize just how grateful I am for it when it is usually working. And while I'm feeling generous and benevolent, let's throw in how thankful I am for the garbage men too.

My little orchid that has been stuck in half bloom for like 4 days now! They are gorgeous though, and worth the wait, and do they last forever. This is one of my many attempts to go against my true nature of killing plants and forcing my thumb to turn green.

IKEA, I guess. Anything in my house that my mom and Ashley liked and asked where I got it, the answer was inevitably IKEA. Will take them there today. Makes me laugh that the answer to that question is no longer Target.

My temple recommend.

My brother and sister.

4 comments:

Deena said...

Your words for pebble ice are nicer than my words for it. pooplet ice. Although I think I got that from little Amanda.

It sounds like you're pretty content right now. I'm happy for you.

To follow up sappy, I'll have to just say that you kick ass. Still. Even though you're 30. grandma.

hannah g said...

and...and your sister-in-law?

Sandra said...

Whenever I would ask my sisters where they got that cool _______ whatever, the answer was always, "Ikea" so I finally broke down and went. Now I can have the same answer.

Kristel said...

Awwww.......thanks.....:)